Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery and DelCo: Repair Program Coordiantor
Organization: Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery and Delaware Counties
Location: West Norriton, PA
Job Title: Repair Program Coordinator
Pay Rate or Range: $38,000-42,000
Application Instructions: Please email a cover letter and resume to Kvorce@HabitatMontDelco.org
Job Description Expanded
The Repair Program Coordinator is responsible for most aspects of the daily client management activities for Habitat MontDelco’s Home Repair Programming. This includes working closely with the Repair Program Manager to perform client outreach, accept and review applications, assist with home visits as needed, aid with work scope creation, provide pre- and post-program support, and conduct client surveys. This position will also assist with community development activities including surveying, mapping, data review, community meeting presentations, and resident engagement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote Habitat’s Home Repair Programming to residents and potential clients throughout the service area.
• Help to foster strong community partnerships that help promote programs and serve client needs.
• Maintain the program inquiry database, including logging of new inquiries, and management of existing.
• Review client applications to determine eligibility for the program and funding sources.
• Conduct pre- and post-work client surveys and analyze baseline and impact data for program efficacy.
• Create and complete homeowner agreements, completion packets, and all other client communications.
• Assist Director of Program Services and Repair Program Manager to develop workflows and grant schedules.
• Aid in the oversight of the Adaptive Living Initiatives Program, including coordination of Occupational Therapists.
• Work onsite as needed during projects to sign in volunteers and be the liaison between Habitat and the client.
• Document work Habitat MontDelco is committing to do and has completed for each client.
• Follow up with clients after work is completed to ensure satisfaction and conduct completion surveys.
• Build strong relationships with clients with the goal of providing a positive, meaningful experience.
• Provide project information to Leadership and assist in determining the economic impact of programs.
• Analyze, aggregate, and present, client survey data in order to strengthen funding appeals and advocacy.
• Attend community events to promote Habitat MontDelco’s client services to the community and stakeholders.
• Assist with government and private foundation grant tracking and reporting as needed.
• Participate in Program dept. committee meetings and engage committee members on special projects.
• Attend regular program and department meetings with team and provide meaningful client updates.
• Includes other departmental duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to treat clients and volunteers with a high level of professionalism.
• Strong administrative skills including attention to detail, planning, coordination, and the prioritization and handling of multiple client files efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work with individuals of diverse ages, genders, races, ethnicities, faiths, abilities, and income levels.
• Ability to work flexible days and hours, some Saturdays and evenings will be required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Dedication to the mission of home preservation and working with low-moderate income populations.
• Spanish or other language fluency is preferred.
• Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
• 2-5 years of professional work experience required. Preferred areas of focus: housing and/or social services
• Previous construction/repair/weatherization experience preferred, willingness to learn on the job is required.
• A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and willingness to travel as needed are required.
• Employment contingent upon completion of successful background check and child abuse clearance.
• Must complete position specific required training in allotted timeframes.
POSITION TITLE: Repair Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Program Services
BASIS: Full time, 40 hours/week with occasional evening and weekend commitments
PRIMARY LOCATION: 533 Foundry Rd, W. Norriton, PA 19403