Membership & Program Coordinator
Organization: Coalition for Home Repair
Location: Remote, Tennessee
Job Title: Membership & Program Coordinator
Pay Rate or Range: $30,000 / 25 hours per week
Application Instructions: Send resumes and cover letters by Friday, July 15, 2023 to Freyja Harris, executive director, at email@example.com
The Coalition for Home Repair promotes the preservation of safe, healthy, affordable housing for all by supporting the work of home repair and rehabilitation partners nationwide. The Membership & Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and administering the Coalition’s educational programming and annual conference in support of our members home repair activities. The Coordinator is also responsible for membership recruitment and stewardship. The duties of this position are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and future grant funding. The Membership & Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director. This is a part-time, non-exempt remote position requiring occasional travel. This is a non-supervisory position.
(1) Member Development & Communications:
- Respond to questions about event registrations
- Determine eligibility and distribute home repair gift cards from funders to members.
- Assist with data entry and database maintenance of membership roster
- Send thank you notes for donations
- Develop and maintain recruitment strategy with Communication & Marketing Coordinator to expand and maintain membership in all 50 states
- Onboard new members.
Respond to membership inquiries
Attend in-person and virtual events for membership recruitment
Develop onboarding materials
(2) Educational Programs:
- Provide training and technical assistance to members by securing guest speakers, organizing and facilitating training opportunities.
- Help lead ReFrame Conference, an annual in-person gathering of Coalition members.
- Develop reports of membership participation and evaluation of educational classes.
- Manage member cohorts and answer general questions regarding special interest groups.
(3) Other Operations:
- Upload documents and videos to the online resource library from programs & events
- Direct those seeking assistance with home repairs to resources or provide some research to find options.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Associate degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Experience with project management or event planning
- Customer-service focused
- Familiarity with home repair, affordable housing preservation, veterans, nonprofits, and/or leading educational programs.
- Experience with managing project/event budgets
Skills & Abilities
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Able to work independently and cooperatively to produce professional results.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Able to learn quickly and monitor activities that have complex regulations.
Good problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Able to manage tasks that require a high degree of accuracy.
Experienced with functioning effectively in a highly computerized environment.
Comfortable using Google Docs, Forms, Spreadsheets, and/or Microsoft Office products (experience with Salesforce is a plus).
Self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to work remotely.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT:
The Coalition for Home Repair is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please note in the application form or email info@CoalitionForHomeRepair.org.