Rebuild Upstate is seeking CEO
Organization: Rebuild Upstate
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Title: CEO
About the job
Rebuild Upstate is excited to announce we are seeking an innovative, mission-driven Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to passionately serve our mission!
After successfully leading Rebuild Upstate’s organization as the Founder since 2006, our President/CEO is moving into an advisory role. Accountable to the Board of Directors for the overall performance of the organization’s mission, the CEO is charged to lead the entire team (staff + volunteers) in providing vision and maintaining healthy organizational culture. This includes aligning strategic plans and objectives that are achieved through a diverse team of high performing leaders.
A non-profit organization, our holistic approach to affordable housing differs slightly as we focus solely on home preservation and repair as means to keep residents in their own homes. Whether addressing safe entry and exit by building a new wheelchair ramp or ensuring that a family is healthy and dry under a new roof, our goal with every home repair is to make sure the residents may remain comfortably in place for years to come.
Chief Executive Officer
The ideal candidate will be from one of the Upstate areas we serve, well-versed in the region and local economy and an experienced leader. In applying your strong operational abilities, whether experienced in non-profit or as a business leader in a related field, the CEO will lead and guide management team members in operations to maintain successes while developing and implementing enhanced and improved systems and processes.
With your passion for affordable housing and home repair, the successful CEO will…
- Ensure the values of the organization are exemplified by all team members, modeling those values for the team
- Work collaboratively with senior staff and the Board to establish organizational goals, benchmarks, and key measures
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the organization, regularly raising the profile of the organization’s mission throughout the community
- Effectively leads the team in a healthy, functional and cohesive manner with transparency and accountability
- Propagate a positive, healthy culture with the staff to maintain a healthy work environment that supports our team members
- Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity
- Manage and oversee the fiscal integrity of the organization, monitor budget compliance, and mitigate financial risks to assist the Board in exercising fiduciary responsibilities
- Stay well informed of all issues related to affordable housing and owner-occupied housing preservation and repair
- Ensure the organization is well connected within its sector, both locally and nationally
As a CEO candidate, we seek a minimum of ten (10) years’ senior leadership experience in non—profit, professional business or related field. While directly related non-profit experience is preferred, the CEO will possess proven broad-based leadership skills with strategic development and management experience. Coupled with solid fiscal management and planning experience, you will have excellent communication skills to engage and support the team and the organization.
Along with competitive wages, Rebuild Upstate offers a comprehensive benefits’ package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, employer sponsored ADD/life insurance and disability plans, retirement plan with a match as well as holiday pay, paid leave program and paid sabbatical.
Come join our team today!
Rebuild Upstate is an Equal Opportunity Employer.