Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery and Delaware Counties: Repair Project Coordinator
Organization: Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery and Delaware Counties
Location: West Norriton, PA
Job Title: Repair Program Coordinator
Pay Rate or Range: $38,000-42,000
Application Instructions: Please email a cover letter and resume to Kvorce@HabitatMontDelco.org
Job Description Expanded
The Repair Project Coordinator is responsible for most aspects of the daily home repair project facilitation activities for Habitat MontDelco’s Home Repair Programming. This includes working closely with the Repair Project Manager to maintain, expand and evaluate the program’s vendor network, conduct home visits and document findings, assist in devising scopes of work for qualifying projects, and facilitate project-specific communications with vendors and clients. This position will also assist with management of subcontractor agreements, vendor compliance, and quality control processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform detailed home inspections for potential program clients to determine program fitness and scope.
• Assist in drafting comprehensive scopes of work that honor homeowner needs and funding guidelines.
• Develop strong working knowledge of grant/program guidelines to strengthen project facilitation workflows.
• Draft comprehensive scopes of work that honor both homeowner needs and funding guidelines.
• Solicit and review subcontractor estimates and contracts for work and assist in reviewing cost and accuracy.
• Oversee subcontractor work on all repair projects ensuring all contract obligations have been fulfilled.
• Coordinate subcontractor paperwork and related approval processes, toward the facilitation of projects.
• Work onsite as needed to help lead “in-house” construction projects utilizing staff and volunteer labor.
• Project planning and site preparation for scopes of work to be completed by Habitat staff and volunteers.
• Perform necessary warranty work related to repairs completed by Habitat staff and volunteers.
• Conduct new vendor work inspections and quality control checks as needed to ensure a high level of quality.
• Maintain and inventory all home repair tools and inspection equipment on a regular basis.
• Assist in expanding our network of subcontractors/vendors for all Programs Services related activities.
• Assist with homeowner education programming such as workshops and drafting of educational materials.
• Attend Program dept. committee meetings and engage committee members on special projects.
• Attend regular program and department meetings with team and provide meaningful project updates.
• Includes other departmental duties as assigned.
• Willingness to develop a working knowledge of standard building codes and local government jurisdiction policies and procedures for inspections is required.
• Ability to perform tasks both digitally and physically, with attention to detail.
• Ability to work with individuals of diverse ages, genders, races, ethnicities, faiths, abilities and income levels.
• Ability to work effectively with paid staff and volunteers
• Ability to oversee multiple concurrent construction sites/projects and overlapping timelines.
• Excellent verbal communications skills
• Ability to work a Monday through Friday schedule with some Saturdays and evenings as needed
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to read architectural plans, and draft basic project plans as needed for permitting
• Ability to operate vehicle(s) insured by Habitat’s vehicle insurance policy
• Be willing to complete or have completed competent person, OSHA safety training and first aid/AED/CPR training as needed
• Physical functions required in the job include construction work: driving, sitting, walking, and standing, as well as the use of hands to manipulate objects; reaching with hands and arms; fluent speech; adequate vision and hearing; and the ability to lift heavy objects as well as sit for extended periods of time.
• Candidates must have completed high school or an equivalent experience.
• 2-5 years of professional work experience required. Preferred areas of focus: housing and/or construction.
• Previous construction/repair/weatherization experience preferred, willingness to learn on the job is required.
• A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, clean driving record, and willingness to travel as needed are required.
• Employment contingent upon completion of successful background check and child abuse clearance.
• Must complete position specific required training in allotted timeframes.
POSITION TITLE: Repair Project Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Program Services
SUPERVISES: Volunteers as needed
BASIS: Full time, 40 hours/week with occasional evening and weekend commitments
PRIMARY LOCATION: 533 Foundry Rd, W. Norriton, PA