Request for Proposals
Theme: Housing Renewed - Equitable, Accessible, Durable!
Call for Proposals
We strongly encourage workshop proposals from our membership and new partners advocating for affordable housing preservation and homelessness prevention through home repair, rehabilitation, and modification to keep people housed, healthy, and safe.
We hope you consider submitting a proposal or sharing the RFP with contacts in your network. Proposals should reflect topics focused on the conference theme of renewing housing with equitable, accessible, and durable approaches.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- advancing innovative home repair methods for rural and urban communities
- home modification to age in place for older adults
- home rehabilitation to address social determinants of health, such as lead paint reduction
- nonprofit management and stability, such as fundraising, operations, program evaluation, etc
- accessibility modification and rehabilitation for housing of persons with disabilities
- advocacy strategies for equitable access to state and local government funding for affordable homeownership preservation
- wrap-around social supports to leverage home repair benefits, such as foreclosure prevention, in-home nursing care, etc.
ReFrame Conference will be November 8th - 10th at the Meadowview Conference Center in Kingsport, Tennessee.
Workshop Session Format:
Sessions last 60 to 90 minutes. We encourage current and new partners to bring fresh ideas and technical expertise. Sessions with interactive components are encouraged to connect with diverse learning styles and to make the learning experience memorable. Sessions can include one or multiple presenters. If you have an intriguing topic and would like support in finding a co-facilitator or panelist, please feel free to submit and we will consider it and may be able to assist.
Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, July 7th, 2023
Selection Process & Speaker Responsibilities:
All proposals will be reviewed by the Conference Committee, composed of representatives from CHR member organizations and CHR staff. CHR staff will make the final selections.
Notification of Acceptance:
Session Designers will be notified of the status of their proposal by July 31st, 2023.
- Make any necessary refinements based on recommendations by Coalition staff.
- Invite and confirm presenters and moderators for the session.
- Plan and participate in call(s) with presenters, moderators, and CHR staff.
- Identify and share session resources/slides with CHR staff for distribution.
- Register for the conference at a discounted rate (50%).
- Meet all deadlines for conference materials.
All presenters will receive half-off the cost of registration. All presenters are responsible for the costs associated with travel and accommodation. Early-bird registration will open in June.
Audio Visual Equipment:
The following standard audio-visual equipment will be set in each room:
Laptop, LCD projector, projection screen, wireless internet (WIFI), podium, and microphones for presenters.
Please get in touch with Blair Pakowski at Blair@coalitionforhomerepair.org or Freyja Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, July 7th