Community Housing Coalition of Madison County- Fund Development and Communications Coordinator
Organization Community Housing Coalition of Madison County
Location Marshall, NC
Job Title Fund Development and Communications Coordinator
Pay Rate or Range $30,000 - 31,000
CHC Fund Development and Communications Coordinator
The CHC Fund Development and Communications Coordinator must be able to work with a diverse group of people, and have a sincere desire to help strengthen our community by helping those that need it most. CHC operates under a shared leadership model and all team members have the opportunity to be self-directed, creative, and respected for the skills they bring to the team.
YOUR ROLE: Participate as a key collaborator in a rewarding, community-based job that works to address the most urgent housing needs of Madison County residents. Specifically, this position works closely with the Fund Development and Communications Director to plan and implement fundraising activities and drive outbound communications in support of CHC fund development, donor management and visibility goals. This is a full-time position 32 hours per week, with occasional (very limited) evening or weekend hours in support of fundraising events. Salary compensation is $30,000-$31,400 based on experience, with annual raises. CHC offers paid time off, monthly mobile phone and annual health and wellness stipends.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
● Help plan and execute fundraising activities and events
● Create and schedule social media posts for Facebook and Instagram
● Maintain fundraising and marketing calendar
● Support development of quarterly e-newsletter and update emails to online community
● Monitor and facilitate CHC website updates as needed
● Initiate and coordinate local business sponsorships
● Communicate with donors and business sponsors/partners in support of fund development activities
● Monitor inventory needs and help create CHC collateral materials (brochures, annual report, etc)
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
● Must demonstrate strong writing skills for marketing collateral, outreach campaigns, and social media
● Software application proficiencies: Excel (basic) and Word required, Google Suite desirable
● Experience working with event coordination/management required
● Fluency in social media - Instagram, Facebook required
● Experience with WordPress or other non-programming web platform (preferred)
● Working knowledge of email marketing principles
● Experience with one or more email applications (such as Constant Contact, MailChimp or other) preferred
● Graphic design skills desirable. Proficiency in Canva a plus.
● Outgoing, personable, strong communication skills
● Ability to speak with donors and prospective donors and interact in group settings
● Willingness to work limited fundraising event hours
● Good interpersonal skills to work alone and with CHC team members
● Have honesty, thoroughness, tact, good judgment, and commensurate with demands of the position.
Application Instructions Please email a resume with three references, and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Coordinator Position” in subject line