Rebuilding Together Sacramento - Executive Director
Organization Rebuilding Together Sacramento
Location Sacramento, CA
Job Title Executive Director
Pay Rate or Range $95,000 - $120,000
About RTS: Rebuilding Together Sacramento is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1991 with a mission to “Repair homes, revitalize communities, and rebuild lives.” RTS provides critical repairs, accessibility modifications, and energy-efficient upgrades in approximately 350 homes per year. The work is performed by staff, contractors, and volunteer labor. The primary population served is older adults and people with disabilities living on low incomes in the Sacramento Region. RTS has strong relationships and is funded by numerous City and County governments, community partners, and sponsors. RTS has a business model that generates revenue for the organization. The current staff is made up of seven employees - two Program Managers, a Financial and Human Resources Administrator, and a Resource Development and Marketing Manager, all of whom report directly to the Executive Director. RTS’ strategic priorities include continued growth and diversification and cultivating resources (which include donors, volunteers, Board members, contracts, and funding). RTS is one of approximately 120 affiliates of National Rebuilding Together based in Washington, D.C.
About the position: Rebuilding Together Sacramento (RTS) is a community-based nonprofit that is seeking an experienced and energetic individual to lead the organization as Executive Director during a period of growth. RTS is poised to grow and seeks a committed, passionate, and visionary Executive Director that can lead our organization through this next stage of evolution which involves achieving strategic goals and continuing the development of a sustainable model of operation. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, operations, programs, and strategic direction of the organization. The Executive Director will have CEO Executive experience in the nonprofit or business sector with demonstrated success in program management, directing personnel (both staff and volunteers), and financial management. Other key duties include supporting staff with partnership and resource development, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the President of the Board of Directors.
Hours: This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week that may require some evening and/or weekend work.
Wage: The salary range will be $95,000 - $120,000 and will be dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits: Accrued vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and a 403 (b) plan and contribution.
Roles & Responsibilities
● Directs and oversees the daily operations of RTS including recruiting and managing
personnel (currently seven employees), financial management, grant compliance,
administrative, and program operations.
● Develops, maintains, and supports a strong Board of Directors; seeks and builds Board
involvement with the strategic direction and long-range goals; and serves as an
ex-officio member of committees as appropriate.
● Oversees all aspects of financial management including supervising the Financial and
Human Resources Administrator, bookkeeping, budget development, monitoring,
compliance, and reporting.
● Works with the Resource Development and Marketing Manager to develop resource
development plans, search and apply for funds from foundations, cities, counties, state and
government programs, healthcare providers and corporations, individuals, and other
resource development activities. Develops and manages the organization’s larger grants and
● Oversees the use of technology and collection of data for purposes of tracking, grant
compliance, reporting, evaluation, and analysis.
● Establishes, collaborates, and maintains relationships including those with other agencies and
organizations in Sacramento and neighboring counties that partner with RTS to deliver
services; program officers from government programs, and the National Rebuilding Together
staff in Washington, DC.
● Oversees development and implementation of marketing and client outreach strategies
which include promotional activities, marketing tools, social media, and web development.
Desired Qualifications & Education
Desired Qualifications & Education
The Executive Director is committed to the mission of RTS. Candidates must have proven CEO-level
management, leadership, planning, organization, and relationship-building experience with a
nonprofit or business. The desired specific qualifications include:
● Experience managing and developing staff and volunteer teams and setting and achieving
strategic goals and objectives.
● Bachelors or Graduate degree with a preferred major in non-profit management,
leadership, or business.
● At least 4 years of experience as the Executive Director of a nonprofit. [May consider 5 years
as COO or experience as Deputy Executive or Senior Director in a nonprofit or business in lieu
of CEO experience.]
● Five years of resource development experience. Experience securing and
managing government funding and other contracts.
● Five years of experience with the development and delivery of programs and services to
clientele who are vulnerable and underserved. Previous work with the elderly and people with
disabilities living on low incomes is desirable.
● Understanding of home improvements and experience working with builders/and or
● Understanding of the housing needs and concerns in the community.
● Marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of
stakeholders and cultures.
● Experience with relevant business technologies, including Microsoft Office (Word &
Excel), QuickBooks and Salesforce.
Application Instructions Application Process: If you are interested in this position, send the following three items for consideration by February 3
1. Cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience.
2. Current resume.
3. Name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Application Process: Send the documents to directorsearch@