Blueprint Ministries- Construction Director
Organization Blueprint Ministries
Location San Antonio, Texas
Job Title Construction Director
Pay Rate or Range 50-60k
Our Mission: Blueprint Ministries restores homes and hope for low-income individuals and families living in substandard housing. The Construction Director is a servant-hearted leader, team player, and an integral part of our Senior Leadership Team. This person ensures the mission of Blueprint - to restore substandard housing - is met while helping volunteers have a meaningful and enjoyable experience serving. This position is a part of the Senior Leadership Team and will report to the Executive Director.
Job Responsibilities: Assists with home selection for work opportunities including conducting home previews, ranking homes by priority, and providing insight on construction timeline needs. Provides oversight, scheduling, resourcing, and execution of Blueprint’s program camps and events. Oversees construction team to include Assistant Construction Director(s) and Construction Summer Staff. Serves as a liaison between Blueprint and construction volunteers, homeowners, and local organizations and agencies. Maintains a healthy, clean, and safe environment. Keeps records of home restoration progress, project costs and other important data for grant reporting purposes.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years, experience in residential construction.
- Experience in event planning, and willingness to lead, organize and execute events
- Able to teach and communicate effectively with teens and adults
- Service oriented demeanor and a passion for working with people
- Basic knowledge of all phases and trades involved in housing rehabilitation
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while working outdoors to include lifting some heavy objects and climbing ladders
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with a CRM (Customer Relationship Management technology)
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Self-starter, relational with good interpersonal skills, and teachable spirit
- This is a general description of the work required for this position and not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- This position will require some weekend and evening hours.
Located in San Antonio, Texas, Blueprint Ministries is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Application Instructions Qualified candidates should forward a letter of interest regarding this position, a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.