Blueprint Ministries- Hospitality/Food Service Coordinator
Organization Blueprint Ministries
Location SAN ANTONIO
Job Title Hospitality/Food Service Coordinator
Pay Rate or Range $15/hr
Blueprint Ministries is a non-profit organization that strives to build up servant leaders through the camp experience. We exist to share Christ’s love through the restoration of homes in urban San Antonio. Each Spring Break and summer, over 900 middle school and high school aged students participate in one of Blueprint's weeklong mission camps. Groups come together from Texas and around the U.S. to serve. These volunteers share the love of Jesus Christ and transform homeowners' lives through their hard work. Blueprint's desire is for students to return home with a passion for living a missional lifestyle and to continue serving those around them. We'd love to serve alongside you.
JOB ROLE & SUMMARY:
You will be responsible for preparing and serving food for the campers, adults and staff while adhering to food preparation safety standards. He/she will assist with meal planning as well as cleaning and sterilizing utensils, machines and other equipment used during food preparation. He/she will ensure that campers are served appropriately and participate in any required staff meetings.
● Prepare and serve meals to campers i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner. Most meals are pre-cooked and require heating only.
● Cook meals according to pre-selected menu and number of portions to be served
● Maintain sanitary conditions by cleaning utensils, equipment, storage, food preparation, serving areas and eating areas.
● Maintain adequate supplies of items to be served. Our Community Engagement Director will be ordering needed supplies.
● Guide volunteers who will assist in the food service preparation, service and clean up.
● Arrange food items and beverages to make them available to campers in a punctual manner SKILLS:
● Proficient in operating kitchen equipment - this can be taught. Most food is cooked on the stovetop or in convection ovens.
● Proficient in maintaining records - a weekly inventory is needed for ordering
● Able to work cooperatively in a team setting and/or independently
● Has interpersonal and customer service skills
● Safe-serve food handlers’ certificate - this is an online test that Blueprint will pay for you to take.
Hours vary depending on predetermined mealtimes. You will be expected to be present an hour before the first meal of the day is served. For example, if breakfast is scheduled to be served at 7:30 am, he/she will arrive at 6:30 am and stay until lunch tubs have been prepared for the day. An example of a typical day’s hours could look like the following but are subject to change or modification. Breakfast prep, serving and clean-up: 6:30 am - 9:00 am Lunch prep and clean-up: 9:00 am - 10:30 am - this is usually not this long Prep for dinner: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm - this will most likely be done in the 3 or 4pm to 5pm time as we are serving premade foods just requiring heating. Dinner set-up, serving and clean-up: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm Note: This is an example. Times are subject to change and modification pending the number of campers and volunteers set to help during dinner hours only.
● Bi-weekly pay
● $15 per hour
Application Instructions Interested parties contact email@example.com or call (210) 533-2761