Director of Development
Position: Director of Development Full Time, Memphis, TN
Starting Salary: $85,000
The Director of Development will be responsible for increasing Memphis Habitat’s influence and relationships with major individual donors, faith partners, corporations and volunteers. This position will also be responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining fundraising program initiatives, campaigns and events that may often be restricted to fund-specific needs within the organization, such as house building or Aging In Place projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the fundraising process, including planning, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors through various functions: events, major gifts, corporate programs and some foundations. • Develop strategies and oversee fundraising events, activities and the volunteer program that keep with the infrastructure of the Habitat mission, and are consistent with and supportive of the strategic goals of the organization.
- Identify, define and acquire funding via best practices in the solicitation of major gifts from individuals, corporations and faith partners.
- Work with Marketing Department to design and implement a comprehensive direct marketing program. • Create opportunities for the CEO, board members and other Habitat leaders to meet new, qualified, potential donors.
- Accurately project revenue against budget and consistently meet and strive to exceed revenue objectives. • Motivate and nurture a high-performing, diverse, resource-development leadership team.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or other related field required; Master’s Degree in organizational leadership, philanthropy, or public policy/administration preferred. CFRE a plus. • 10+ years of fundraising experience, including knowledge of annual giving, foundation/corporate solicitations, communications and special events. Capital campaign experience a plus.
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by Friday, Feb. 18, 2022. No phone calls please.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our community to help them build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and Aging in Place home modifications for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in our community.
Habitat for Humanity is pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.