Application: Aging in Place Cohort
Applications for participation in the Aging in Place Cohort made possible by RRF Foundation for Aging are now available. Click here to access the application.
- All CAP funded slots have been filled. Coalition Members may still apply to participate in the cohort, however. Additional CAPS funded slots may become available later.
- The cohort has already started, but new participants can access recordings of sessions that have already occurred.
This application has two parts:
Part 1: Organization Details
Organization details are required for each applying organization. Information on this section will be used to prioritize organizations for selection as well as program evaluation. We recommend a grant writer or program officer to complete these details as you will be asked for some programmatic information. We expect it will take you 15-20 minutes to complete this section.
You will need the following metrics on hand to complete the organization details:
- # of repairs and modifications made for low-income older Americans in 2021
- # of older Americans who are residents of homes repaired or modified in 2021
- Amount of restricted funding for repairs and modifications restricted for low-income older Americans in 2021
- Number of current funders restricting funds for existing aging in place programs
- Amount of unrestricted funding for repairs and modifications invested by the organization in 2021
Part 2: Applicant Details
Applicant details are required for each individual cohort applicant at an organization. We recommend that each applicant complete this section directly. We expect it will take 5-15 minutes to complete this section.
If more than one person from an organization wants to apply, organization details only need to be provided once. After completing organization details, applications can skip to the applicant details section.
- A $100 cohort fee per participant is required.
- Membership in the Coalition for Home Repair is required for participation in the cohort. However, you do not need to be a Coalition for Home Repair member to complete this application. If a non-member is selected, they will need to join before participating in the cohort. Learn more about membership here. We strongly encourage all interested applicants to apply.
- The organization must be willing to submit post-surveys annually until 2024 to measure the impact of this grant-funded program. Post-surveys will be able to be completed in 20 minutes or less.
- By submitting an application, you are committing to participate for the full duration of the cohort.
- Funded CAPS Certification ($1,000 value) - these slots are full
- 5 curriculum sessions covering the following topics:
- February - Reframing Aging - will help participants speak more inclusively about clients
- March - Ethics of Serving Low-Income Older Adults - about the unique ethical issues facing nonprofit home repair and modification providers
- April - Overview of Programs and Funding for Repairs & Modifications - an opportunity to learn about a variety of operational program models and funding sources
- September - The Bigger Picture & Opportunities for Local & National Advocacy - about trends facing low-income older adults, potential solutions, and advocacy opportunities
- October/November -Sharing of Best Practices - the best practices developed as a result of the cohort will be presented by cohort participants at the 2022 ReFrame Conference
Contact Melanie Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the application.