Black Lives Matter (and COVID-19 Impact)
Date postedJune 9, 2020
Discussion about how to dismantle racism in home repair programs. Questions considered include:
- What specific goals and strategies do we have in place (or are we creating) to work toward anti-racism in our home repair programs?
- How can we prioritize and amplify voices of Black, Indiginous, and People of Color (BIPOC)?
- How can we increase diversity on our staff (full-time and temporary) and board?
- How do we ensure the safety of BIPOC when working for and volunteering with our organizations?
- How can we change fundraising philosophies and practices that are centered on making donors (who are mostly White) feel good about themselves? (Related article.)
- How are we educating ourselves? Are we paying BIPOC to assist us with this work?